We are proud to announce the opening of the 2023 application period for the inaugural Poddar Family Scholarship Award. This scholarship will recognize undergraduate students in the Prabasi community who are pursuing a career in health-related fields.
This scholarship of $1000 will be awarded to qualified students who are members of Prabasi, Inc. Eligible students must be enrolled as a freshman, sophomore, junior or senior full-time at an accredited U.S. college or university in a medical or health science program with plans to pursue a career in medicine, public health, nursing, health science or another health-related field. Eligible students must maintain a minimum overall GPA of 3.0, showcase academic achievement and exhibit leadership ability in health-related community service.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates by June 17, 2023 for the Poddar Family Scholarship award for the academic year 2023-24. Applications will be evaluated by our Scholarship Committee and the award winner announced on July 6, 2023.
THE PODDAR FAMILY SCHOLARSHIP AWARD SELECTION CRITERIA
The Poddar Family Scholarship Award will be based on a comprehensive review of completed applications. Selection criteria evaluated by the scholarship committee include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Academic accomplishments (College transcript is required)
- Enrollment in a full-time at an accredited U.S. college or university in a medical or health science program
- Plans to pursue a career in medicine, public health, nursing, health science, biotechnology, biomedical or other health-related field
- Recommendation letter supporting student’s pursuit of this scholarship and confirming career plans
- Voluntary work at Prabasi
- Essay [Why are you applying for this scholarship and what makes you an ideal candidate? What are your career plans and future goals?]
- Interview (Short-listed candidates will be invited for a zoom interview)
· Additionally, applicant must be either a Prabasi member or child of Prabasi member
THE PODDAR FAMILY SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
To apply for this scholarship, please complete the Scholarship Application form by downloading it from here and submit completed application form along with supporting documents by June 17, 2023 by emailing to [email protected]